Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blogging for development issues

A few weeks ago I attended a MommyBlogging conference in San Diego (corporate spying for the Princess Festival) and learned about the complex world of blogging.

Now, I am living in New York and beginning graduate studies at Columbia University.  I will be getting a Master's of Public Administration in Development Practices (MDP).  There have been a few suggestions that now would be a good time to start a development practices blog.

So ... should I use this blog, or another ...?

I kinda like this blog.  But the name "Beerconomist" doesn't really give me a professional look in the Development Practices world.  Do I care?  Not sure yet.

I have decided at the moment to just keep posting in this blog, and then create a cooler, better one later on if I decide to.  And that's the plan.  You, dear readers, (yes all 3 of you :), will have to put up with my blogs getting a little more development-heavy though.  I will try to keep some personal stuff too, but I have heard that sometimes potential employers will go to a blog to scope someone out after getting an application/resume.  So the risks of attaching my name to this blog are kinda relevant ... but it sucks to do a blog anonymously and then never get to use it on my resume.  Unless I blog semi-anonymously and put it on my resume anyway.

See how there's some thinking to put into this?

No comments:

Post a Comment